Elementary Math Intervention Specialist- Dugway School
Dugway School- Elementary Math Intervention Specialist
To provide in-class academic math support to maximize student learning and help provide interventions when students need help understanding math concepts. This position primarily works with the Dugway Elementary School.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists and guides students to reinforce mathematics skills.
• As directed by the classroom teacher, works with students individually and in small groups to intervene or fill in the gaps of previous teaching, to help students learn and get caught up where needed.
• Construct, copy, distribute, and use educational materials as needed.
• Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
• Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
• This position is stationed completely at Dugway School
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to carry out instructions from a supervisor such as the Principal or Teacher
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
Basic computer knowledge and skills
Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with all students including those with special needs.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Willingness to listen and learn.
• Works in standard office and school building environments.
• Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
Previous experience teaching children math skills is beneficial, but not required. A willingness to learn, accept direction and be a team player is mandatory.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt