Custodian Lead - Jr. High
Job | Posted 16 days ago
Custodial Lead-Jr. High
Lane 9 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $16.36-18.38 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: David Mower
- Phone: 801-610-8758
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Custodial Services Lead is done for the purpose/s of supervising custodial services and activities; overseeing assigned personnel; providing information to others; scheduling work assignments within established timeframes and standards; and meeting with school administrators, maintenance coordinators, head custodians concerning custodial work performance.
- Conducts trainings (e.g. for custodians and other site personnel on MSDS safety sheets on all cleaning chemicals, energy conservation practices, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding activities, safety issues and/or proper maintenance of facilities and/or equipment.
- Consults with administrative personnel (e.g. maintenance coordinators and school administrators, etc.) for the purpose of selecting qualified custodians to assist with achieving site maintenance objectives.
- Distributes custodial supplies and equipment for the purpose of disseminating materials to custodial staff and/or storage locations.
- Evaluates new cleaning chemicals and equipment for the purpose of recommending future purchases for maintenance of district wide services.
- Inspects facilities (e.g. buildings and grounds, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, identifying necessary repairs to facilities and/or equipment, etc.
- Lifts up to 80 pounds and may push/pull up to 150 pounds for the purpose of site maintenance, material distribution, and safety.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of needed items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Monitors responsibilities of head custodians and repair of all custodial equipment for the purpose of ensuring site maintenance objectives in an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff, and visitors.
- Organizes daily work schedules for custodial personnel in consultation with administrators and head custodians for the purpose of ensuring functions are performed efficiently in compliance with site requirements and established standards.
- Oversees facility maintenance activities and assigned custodial personnel (e.g. cleaning of maintenance department buildings, warehouse, bus garage and office areas, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring functions are performed efficiently in compliance with site requirements and established standards.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars (e.g. custodial trainings, maintenance coordinators' meetings, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs maintenance on custodial equipment (e.g. broken down buffers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items
- Prepares written materials (e.g. monthly newsletter, annual budget, supply requisitions, safety inspections, work orders, inventory records, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Procures cleaning supplies and equipment (e.g. floor wax, cleaning chemicals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Requisitions equipment, supplies and materials (e.g. cleaning, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, vendors, applicants for the purpose of providing information, taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. job performance issues, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Schedules custodial personnel (e.g. substitute custodians, summer hardwood crews, helpers and sweepers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational in compliance with site requirements and established standards.
- Supervises personnel (e.g. summer hardwood crews, delivery truck driver, less experienced help, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the quality of work standards are met.
- Trains assigned personnel (e.g. head custodians, etc.) for the purpose of developing standards of cleaning, use of cleaning products, cleaning methods and quality of work.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, supplies, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.