Custodian - Roving Part-time
Job | Posted 16 days ago
Custodian - Roving
Hours a day: 8 / 3 times a week
Hourly rate: $18.15-20.39 Depending on qualifications and experience
- Name: Josh Bezzant
- Phone: 801-610-8060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Custodian - Roving is done for the purpose/s of providing custodial services at assigned site; ensuring an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff and visitors; performing a variety of special cleaning operations; overseeing the preparation of facilities for classroom activities and campus events; overseeing and supporting assigned custodians in the performance of their assignments; and ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, pools, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Conducts a variety of training and drills with students and staff (e.g. fire, intruder, earthquake, health and safety, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that emergency procedures are in order, alarm systems are operational and/or established procedures are effective.
- Consults with administrative personnel for the purpose of planning, prioritizing and scheduling custodial activities and achieving site maintenance objectives.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate parties within site.
- Distributes custodial supplies and equipment for the purpose of disseminating materials to custodial staff and/or storage locations.
- Informs students and other site personnel for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding activities, safety issues and/or proper maintenance of facilities and/or equipment.
- Inspects facilities for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, identifying necessary repairs to facilities and/or equipment, etc.
- Lifts up to 80 pounds and may push/pull up to 150 pounds for the purpose of site maintenance, material distribution, and safety.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of custodial items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Monitors activities in and around work areas (e.g. halls, multipurpose rooms, lunch room, restrooms, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of preventing injuries and ensuring site safety.
- Oversees facility maintenance activities and assigned custodial personnel for the purpose of ensuring functions are performed efficiently in compliance with site requirements and established standards.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs minor, job related, maintenance on custodial equipment, classroom furniture and fixtures (e.g. change vacuum cleaner belts, bags; change HVAC filters; greasing machinery; changing ballasts; hanging whiteboard; installing fixtures; equipment maintenance; minor repairs;, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Performs summer maintenance (e.g. strip/wax floors, moving furniture, painting, etc.) for the purpose of completing and or facilitating summer construction.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g. opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkway, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. supply requisitions, safety inspections, work orders, inventory records, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper towels, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Secures facilities and grounds (e.g. doors, gates, alarms, lights, etc.) for the purpose of minimizing property damage, equipment loss and/or potential liability.
- Trains assigned personnel for the purpose of developing professional trade and safety awareness skills.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, supplies, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Other Functions Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is required.