Child Nutrition Administrative Assistant - Financial
The Child Nutrition Administrative Assistant - Financial will complete the clerical tasks assigned by the supervisor in accordance with department guidelines. Provide accurate, friendly quality service to customers/clients when processing customer/client transactions. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but the Director may identify other responsibilities of the position. T
- Performs routine and varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures.
- Performs activities such as photocopying, compiling records, filing, tabulating, posting information and scheduling appointments.
- Writes, types or enters information into computer to prepare correspondence.
- Prepare issues and sends out receipts, bills, policies, invoices, statements and checks.
- Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and resolves routine problems.
- Conducts research when necessary.
- Operates various office machines.
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
- Answers telephone, conveys messages and runs errands.
- Receive, count and deposit cash, as needed.
- Complies with all safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Serves as a financial assistant performing more advanced non-routine varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures.
- Multi-tasks performing activities such as photocopying, compiling records, filing, tabulating, posting information and scheduling appointments.
- Performs general accounting and complete Sodexo financial reports according to Sodexo policy and procedures.
- Perform accounting and financial functions for Child Nutrition Department.
- Manages, compiles reports, and trains staff on POS System.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned up to and including performing duties in kitchens/cafeterias.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3 or more years related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Must have phone and proficient computer skills.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally, in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.