Nutrition Service Worker - Secondary
Job | Posted 19 days ago
Nutrition Service Worker
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours per day: 2
Hourly rate: $12.11
- Name: Claire Thompson
- Email: email@example.com
This job is for the purpose of checking students out during the lunch serve. No meal prep or serve is rquired. No food handler permit required.
The job of Nutrition Service Worker is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the food service activities at assigned location with specific responsibilities for preparing and serving food items to students and/or school personnel; and maintaining food service facilities in a safe and sanitary condition.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; and operating equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
- Arranges food and beverage items (e.g. breads, desserts, etc.) for the purpose of serving them to students and staff in an efficient manner.
- Attends in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. (e.g. Food Handler's Permit training, safety meetings, etc.) for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas (e.g. oven, refrigerator, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Cooks food (e.g. breads, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes if required (e.g. tablespoons of salt, etc.) for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste of food items.
- Inspects food items and/or supplies (e.g. flour, serving trays, etc.) for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Inventories food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals (e.g. flour, meats, spices, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition (e.g. mixer, etc.) for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas for the purpose of ensuring a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Performs functions of other nutritional services positions, as requested by supervisor (e.g. account technician back-up, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
- Prepares food and beverage items (e.g. breads and desserts, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional and projected meal requirements.
- Reports equipment malfunctions (e.g. mixer, etc.) for the purpose of notifying supervisor of need for repair and/or replacement.
- Serves one or more items of food (e.g. breads and desserts, etc.) for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements and/or requests of students and school personnel.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.
Food Handlers Permit
Maintain a food handlers permit