Paraprofessional - Library
Job | Posted 2 months ago
TITLE: Library Paraprofessional
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of general clerical procedures
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to organize and set priorities
- Basic technology skills and ability to learn specific software programs
JOB GOAL: Assist the school librarian with daily library operations. Responsibilities include processing new materials, checking books in and out, maintaining library records, and assisting students and staff in research, reference, and assignments.
- Monitors student behavior in the library. Answers questions and provides information concerning library resources; assists students in locating and accessing materials and topics for research, reference, and assignments
- Processes new books and materials.
- Repairs books; prepares books and materials for discard.
- Checks books and other library materials in and out; shelves materials. Prepares overdue notices and correspondence. Collects fees and writes receipts for overdue payments. Assists in taking periodic inventory of books and materials; maintains inventory records. Enter library material information on the computer..
- Assists librarian or library technician in maintaining physical appearance of library; picks up litter and straightens chairs. Sets up displays; creates bulletin boards.
- Maintains inventory of student devices.
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance of student devices.
- Staff circulation desk.
- Assist students with location and use of media center materials.
Performs related work as required. (NOTE: The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to that position.)
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten month position. Salary as established by the board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated by Principal