Job | Posted 24 days ago
Career and Technical Education
POSITION SUMMARY: Madison County Public Schools is seeking an Agriculture Teacher for Madison County High School. The successful applicant should possess intellectual depth and breadth, a strong work ethic, a capacity for communication and leadership, noteworthy teaching and leadership experience, an appreciation of innovative practice, and a track record of proven achievement. The candidate must also possess the capacity to inspire the school community through visualizing new possibilities for a global education in an environment of innovation, collaboration, and mutual respect. This person will create an academic environment that will motivate students at different levels of learning and has the ability to make learning student-centered while incorporating technology-based resources to accelerate student achievement.
- A Collegiate or Postgraduate Professional License or Technical Professional License with Agricultural Education endorsement.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary for working with students, parents, community members and staff members.
- Be willing to serve as advisor for the FFA chapter.
- Maintains records as required by law and administrative regulations.
- Must possess an understanding of the skills and processes in accordance with adopted curriculum.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain high standards for self and students and present instruction in an interesting, creative, and innovative manner.
- Prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials aligned to the curriculum.
- Instructing students in a supportive manner that addresses multiple learning styles and promotes high expectations.
- Attends local and state sponsored workshops, conferences and in-service activities.
- Assists and supervises students in their cooperative programs, occupational experiences, and career and technical activities.
- Ensures the adequate and safe supervision of students.
- Motivates students to achieve maximum potential.
- Plans, coordinates and chaperones filed trips.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the administrator.
SALARY RANGE: $50,160 - $75,624; 11 month/220-day Teacher contract (will be prorated, depending on start date)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: START DATE: January 3, 2022
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
FLSA: Exempt Equal Opportunity Employer