Hall Monitor - MLK
Posted a month ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrol school building, parking lots, and report all incidences to the appropriate school administrator.
- Oversee pick up and drop off procedures.
- Assist visitors in school building using appropriate procedures.
- Monitor hallways and open areas during passing of classes.
- Monitor cafeteria during student lunch time.
- Successfully participate in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignment.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by school administrators.
- Follow federal and state laws as well as School Board policies.
- Ability to recognize potentially unsafe or out of the ordinary situations while providing security to the facility.
- Possess thorough knowledge of all types of fire extinguishers and how to use them properly.
- Ability to identify authorized vehicles and persons designated to be on premises during his/her shift.
- Must be alert, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work and interact with individuals, especially students, at all level of the organization.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to establish excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral, Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Knowledge of FCS policies and procedures.
- 10 Months
- Hourly pay rate
- High school diploma or satisfactory completion of an approved General Educational Development (GED) Testing Program preferred.
- Two (2) years of successful experience