Teacher Assistant - Elementary (95% Program Aide)
Job | Posted 17 days ago
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours: 4 hours per day
Hourly rate: $11.28
- Name: William Shumaker
- Phone: 801-610-8703
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Teacher Assistant is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program (95%) with specific responsibility for working with individual and/or small groups of students; and providing clerical support to teacher/s and staff.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers assignments, assessments within the 95% program.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with 95% lesson assignments.
- Communicates with teachers and/or parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing classroom objectives.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, library, lunchroom, bus loading/unloading, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Maintains collection of data within the 95% program.
- Train and oversee other 95% aides within the building.
- Meet with and report to the instructional coach and administration regarding the 95% program.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.