Long Term Substitute Middle School Math Teacher
Job | Posted a month ago
- A Postgraduate Professional License or eligible for a Virginia license and endorsed to teach in the subject to be taught or a Master’s Degree in content area.
- Must have considerable experience creating an academic environment that will motivate students at different levels of learning and the ability to make learning student-centered.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate students’ work, classwork, papers and assignments and provide developmentally appropriate feedback.
- Must possess an understanding of the skills and processes outlined in the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL).
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain high standards for self and students and present instruction in an interesting, creative, and innovative manner.
- Prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials aligned to the curriculum.
- Instructing students in a supportive manner that addresses multiple learning styles and promotes high expectations.
- Creates an engaging classroom environment that provides for active student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve at the highest level.
- Must be willing to teach more than one grade level and work in a cooperative and collaborative manner with the site coordinator, administrators, other teachers, parents, and students.
- Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of student growth and development.
- Partnering with other teachers in coordinating academic standards, instructional programs, curriculum and other building level initiatives.
- Must be a team player and willing to plan and work with other teachers on a daily basis.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: START DATE:
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Online application: www2.madisonschools.k12.va.us
Equal Opportunity Employer