Custodial Helper 1
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jolynn Koehler, Principal, at (385)-646-4986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: 15
|Job Title||Custodial Helper I – 14 years and older|
|Salary Schedule||Classified Hourly|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
Provides assistance to students, teachers, custodians and administrators. Performs assigned tasks such as, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and removal of garbage. May also assist in grounds care, building maintenance, cleaning, and moving of equipment. May help with building security by locking/unlocking doors when requested and do final lock-up of building at night including turning on security systems. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Assists with routine maintenance of school and district buildings.
- Cleans offices, classrooms, and hallways.
- Removes garbage.
- Fills soap, paper towel, toilet paper and other dispensers.
- May remove graffiti and repair other acts of vandalism.
- Assist in restricting access by locking and unlocking doors.
- Performs other outside maintenance.
- Cleans up garbage, repairs furniture, lockers, doors, and small equipment.
- Involved with security of building after hours.
- Turns on/off security and locks/unlocks the building.
- Performs duties in a manner to maintain an 80% or higher VEKTR inspection.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Needs to know how to operate and maintain basic cleaning equipment.
- May perform minor adjustments to equipment.
- Must understand basic use of age appropriate cleaning solvents and their proper application.
Required Education and Qualifications
Minimum age requirement is 14.
High school diploma or GED preferred if over 18.
Must pass a background check if over 18 years old.
Required Prior Experience
No prior experience is required.
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned by supervisors. Must take direction well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions, but must be willing to follow directions.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, teachers, principals, custodians, and other district personnel. May also interact appropriately with parents, counselors, and police agencies.
Works inside and outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students. Must receive proper training from the head custodian when working with cleaning chemicals and must be handled properly.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.