Family & Consumer Sciences
Job | Posted a month ago
|Location:||Bethel High School|
|Employment Period:||10 Months|
|Salary:||Teacher scale -- commensurate with experience|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and implements an instructional program that provides appropriate learning experiences.
- Collaborates within a professional learning community in order to nurture and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to accelerated student achievement.
- Manages the behavior of learners in an instructional setting to ensure environment is conducive to the learning process. Assists and participates in management of student behavior in other parts of the school, center, school grounds or work site.
- Coordinates instructional activities with other professional staff, both school and non-school based, as required, to maximize learning opportunities.
- Participates in staff development activities and staff meetings, curriculum development activities as required or assigned.
- Assesses student achievement and maintains appropriate documentation for institutional and individual reporting purposes.
- Ensures continuous communication with parents, both written and oral, to keep them informed of their child's progress.
- Communicates with students, parents, and professionals and support personnel in and outside the school to share information and to support/encourage involvement. Ensures that classroom and/or instructional environment is attractive, healthful, safe and conducive to learning.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Must possess or be eligible for a Collegiate Professional, Postgraduate Professional, or Provisional license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia with an endorsement to teach at the assigned grade level. First consideration will be given to those who have completed an approved teacher preparation program.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and human relations skills.
- Good knowledge of content, curriculum, methods, materials and equipment appropriate for secondary level instruction.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of middle school students.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers and parents.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. Please upload the following documents:
- Teaching License. If no teaching license, please upload unofficial transcripts and test scores (Praxis II, VCLA).
- Most recent performance evaluation. Please upload student teaching evaluation if new to the profession.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.