Long Term Substitute Teachers
New Kent County Public Schools is seeking qualified candidates preferably endorsed in one of the following areas for a temporary placement:
Elementary Education PreK-6
English/Middle School Education: English 6-8
Special Education K-12 General Curriculum & Adaptive Curriculum
or holds a valid teaching license as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia or School Board.
Application Procedure: Apply Online
- $78.00 per day then $210.00 per day until after the 20th consecutive day;
- Part Time; There are no benefits associated with a temporary assignment;
- VA Code requires school divisions to ensure that substitute teachers work no longer than 90 days for one assignment
- FLSA Status:Non- Exempt
- Bachelor's Degree required; and/or possession of or ability to acquire appropriate license(s), certificate(s) and/or endorsement(s) for certain positions as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia or School Board
- Experience working with children in a public school setting is strongly preferred
New Kent County Public Schools will conduct a background investigation (fingerprinting) of the individual recommended to fill this vacancy.
The New Kent County School Board is an equal opportunity employer, committed to non-discrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information or disability is prohibited. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.