New Kent County Public Schools is seeking qualified candidates assigned to our schools for the 2021-2022 school year. The primary assignment for this position is to provide continuity in the day-to-day responsibilities during the absence of the regular employee. Substitute teachers make a significant contribution to the school community. NKCPS recognizes that substitute teachers are crucial in creating a successful learning environment for our students.
Application Procedure: Apply Online
- Daily Rate $115.00
- Full Time; Non-Exempt
- Benefits begin the first on the month following your date of hire
- Annual appointment for the 2021-2022 school year only
- Supervises students in the event that their regular teacher is unable to lead class. Duties include managing classroom behavior, quickly interpreting lesson plans and following school and division policies. Please review the attached job description for additional information.
- The ability to understand and follow directions and possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- The ability to demonstrate professional conduct at all times within the workplace.
- Experience working with children in a public school setting is strongly preferred.
- High school diploma.
New Kent County Public Schools will conduct a background investigation (fingerprinting) of the individual recommended to fill this vacancy.
The New Kent County School Board is an equal opportunity employer, committed to non-discrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information or disability is prohibited. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.