Special Ed Bus Aide ~ USD Transportation
POSITION: PART-TIME SPECIAL EDUCATION BUS AIDE ~ TRANSPORTATION
(Up to 29.5 hours per week, voucher position, no benefits)
District Expectations for Bus Aide:
• Working with moderately and severely handicapped students under the direction of the classroom teacher and bus driver and driving them to job sites and community projects;
• Relate positively with students, staff, parents, and community;
• Successful experience working with special needs students preferred;
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and manage students when necessary;
• Ability to follow outlined procedures consistently and objectively;
• Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, and other staff members;
• Ability to work independently at assigned tasks;
• Other duties as assigned by school administrator.
• High School Diploma;
• Bus aide supervises special education students AM & PM bus routes;
• Must hold Associate’s degree or have 48 semester hours of college credit OR must have passed or be willing to pass the ParaPro test immediately upon hire.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following with your online application:
• Copies of college transcript(s) if available;
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address candidate’s skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Salary: As per District Salary Schedule