Full-Time Online K–5 Instructor
Virtual Virginia (VVA) is accepting applications for full-time online elementary teaching positions that available for the 2021–2022 school year.
VVA seeks Virginia-certified full-time instructors for K–5 students. The position requires working with curriculum in a Learning Management System (LMS), conducting daily group and individual live sessions with students, holding regular office hours, and maintaining open communication with parents, schools, students, and VVA administrators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hold or be eligible for a Virginia Teacher’s License with the appropriate endorsement.
- Have experience in lesson planning and curriculum development.
- Have experience and expertise in using technology in education.
- Have experience or working familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and online/blended course work.
- Teach core content areas within an assigned grade level.
- Utilize web-conferencing software to deliver daily live instruction.
- Work with VVA administration to adapt and add to the curriculum as needed.
- Follow all policies outlined in the Virtual Virginia Teacher Handbook and by VVA administration.
- Maintain student records in compliance with VVA policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with local schools and parents to support student success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university. Certification from, or eligibility for, the Commonwealth of Virginia in the relevant subject area. Experience working in an online educational environment is preferred. Experience with the Canvas Learning Management system preferred, but not required. The applicant will have to complete an online teacher training course upon acceptance of the position, if they have not already done so.