COVID-19 K-12 Division Coordinator (GRANT FUNDED POSITION)
Title: COVID-19 K-12 School Division Coordinator (Grant funded Position) Grant ends on July 31, 2022.
Salary: $28.19 per hour
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Suffolk Public Schools is seeking a K-12 Division Coordinator to assist with the facilitation of a successful school testing program. The Testing Coordinator will oversee the daily operations of the division testing program. They will be responsible for facilitating consent and registration, ensuring a space is set up for testing, and overseeing notification procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for testing vendors to facilitate testing activities at schools within the division.
- Advising schools on target population testing in the division and adjusting testing needs in response to school community concerns.
- Overseeing the collection of consent forms by schools in the division and ensuring the proper management of student information at the school and division level.
- Maintain communication with vendor, LHD, and VDH, as needed.
- At the school division or school level, work with division Nurses to ensure accurate, credible, actionable, and timely public health information related to all aspects of COVID-19, to inform decision making by the public school system and other stakeholders.
- Establish and ensure the communication of isolation protocol and assist with school questions regarding public health recommendations regarding close contact protocol.
- Responding to school needs and assist the facilitation of answers to parents and school communities regarding COVID-19 testing and symptoms as needed.
- Respond to school requests for supplies associated with supporting a testing program in schools.
- Maintain contact with Division Financial Officer to ensure the accuracy of invoices submitted to the Department of Health and ensure their timely submission.
- Maintains daily communication with school officials and division nurses, as needed.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience working in emergency or disaster management, or experience working with public health response within K-12 schools
- Knowledge and understanding of the cause, transmission, and prevention of infectious diseases, specifically COVID-19
- Knowledge of public health practices, communicable diseases, disease control, and epidemiologic methods
- Strong oral and written communication skills with healthcare professionals and the public
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think analytically
- Ability to work onsite or effectively communicate with stakeholders virtually
- Ability to pass background check and necessary screening for work in a school environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited school of nursing supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in nursing with some experience in community health, emergency or pediatric nursing.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid appropriate license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia and CPR certification.
Terms of Employment:
- Salary : $28.19 per hour
- Contract: 10 Months
- Benefits: Employer Portion Paid Retirement, Life Insurance, Contribution to Medical Insurance, Personal and Sick Leave