Assistant High School Principal
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Location: Southampton High
Reports To: High School Principal
Position Purpose: The position is responsible for assisting the school principal in the coordination, supervision and management of the school program and operation.
- Assist the principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with State and Federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies and goals of the School Board; meeting and conferring with students, parents, faculty and staff; maintaining records and files; preparing reports.
- Assist the principal in the overall administration of the school; interpret and enforce school and school division policies and regulations.
- Assist the principal in the transformation of the school culture into a results-oriented collaborative learning community.
- Ensure implementation of the Southampton County Public Schools approved curriculum and the development of 21st century skills with all students.
- Assist the principal in monitoring compliance with federal, state, and local mandates and guidelines related to local and state testing programs and the local special education program.
- Assist the principal in planning and implementing a professional development/growth program for teachers and staff.
- Serve as principal in the absence of the regular principal.
- Propose schedules of classes and extracurricular activities, help schedule courses, students and teachers.
- Work with department heads and faculty in compiling the annual budget requests.
- Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment, conduct inventories, maintain records, and check on receipts for such material.
- Assist in coordinating transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other school support services; help conduct safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
- Assist in the reporting and monitoring of student attendance.
- Assist in maintaining discipline throughout the student body, deal with special cases as necessary
- Serve with parents, faculty, and student groups, as requested, in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Maintain a variety of files; prepare periodic and special reports as required.
- Identify the special needs of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of school system specialists as required.
- Supervise teachers and departments as assigned by the principal.
- Explain and interpret division-wide curriculum/instructional goals and objectives to teachers, parents, pupils, and the community.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a systematic method of supervising the instructional program through the use of learning walks, observations, documentations, and follow-up conferences.
- Assist teachers in evaluating methods and materials and developing effective learning plans and classroom management techniques.
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of guidance services.
- Preferred Master’s degree in administration or education
- At least five years of teaching experience
- Strong communication skills; ability to write, speak clearly and accurately
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Possess strong organizational skills
Terms of Employment
To apply electronically please visit https://www.applitrack.com/southampton/onlineapp/
Southampton County Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws in employment or any of its programs or activities. The Compliance Officer for Southampton County Public Schools for the above statues is the Director of Human Resources. P.O. Box 96, 21308 Plank Road, Courtland, VA. 23837, (757) 653-2692