Special Education Communication Para-Educator I - Communication para
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Special Education Para-Educator I- communication para
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5 hours per day
Hourly rate: $12.11
- Name: Jan Dowling
- Phone: 801 610-8204
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Special Education Para-Eeducator I is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the regular classroom or in a self-contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior during non-classroom time; and providing information to appropriate school personnel.
- Facilitates communication from students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of supporting, facilitating and reinforcing communication; and ensuring students success in school.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.