Health and Wellness Coordinator (District RN)
Union Elementary School District - AZ
Health And Wellness Coordinator
The Health and Wellness Coordinator will give leadership and guidance to the district staff in the development
and maintenance of the District's Health Services Programs. The Health and Wellness Coordinator will be
available for consultation with the health services staff and principals to orient them to the expectations and
functions of health services. The Health and Wellness Coordinator will also perform school nursing duties, as
needed. The Health Wellness Coordinator will coordinate all professional development for the school health offices including certification for vision training, hearing training, and CPR/First aid. The Health and Wellness Coordinator will be the district liaison to the Department of Health Services and to other administrative staff concerning the medical needs of our students.
- Analyzing and Planning to meet health needs for the purpose of incorporating objectives of the District,
- Coordinating and assisting with District vision, hearing, scoliosis, dental sealant, height/weight screenings and
- Determining health equipment/supply needs for campus nurses for the purpose of ensuring appropriate
- Developing methods/procedures and a system of reporting for the purpose of ensuring effective performance.
- Developing and providing training and in services regarding health-related matters to school health offices and district office staff for the purpose of staying up to date on current guidelines.
- Overseeing the district health offices for the purpose of participating in screening and hiring, providing input to
- Planning and implementing periodic assessment of the District's Health Program for the purpose of ensuring
- Providing health resources for staff, parents, teachers, and entire district staff for the purpose of informing
- Working cooperatively with the state county, and local agencies in providing services for the district for the
- Working with Technology to keep advances current for staff and training of staff; District Health Program for
- Reading and Maintaining doctor orders for the purpose of creating individual student health plans.
- Reviewing, implementing, and evaluating the district’s communicable diseases program for the purpose of protecting staff and students from communicable diseases.
- Reviewing, implementing, and evaluating the districts accident reports in collaboration with Business Services and Human Resources for the purpose of ensuring the districts compliance with safety regulations and the safety of staff and students.
- Providing oversight and training on the district Athletic Program to the purpose of ensuring the safety and well being of student athletes.
- Developing and coordinating trainings for school related personnel in bloodborne pathogens, school related injuries, mandatory reporting, school health office procedures for students with chronic health issues, First Aid and CPR for the purpose of ensuring staff and student safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices and procedures; analyzing data; classifying data and/or information; physical restraint practices; planning and managing projects; conducting meetings; facilitating meetings; travel between sites.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
ABILITY is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with similar types of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working extended hours; working with detailed information/data.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized routines; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job's functions. There is some opportunity to effect the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 0% sitting, 0% walking, and 0% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
Education: Master’s degree preferred.
Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree in job related area.
Required Testing: Certificates and Licenses
School Nurse Certificate
Continuing Educ. / Training: Clearances
Maintains Certificates and/or Licenses Criminal Background/Fingerprint Clearance Card MMR
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Grade
Exempt September 09, 2021 Related Services Salary
Inspiring Hope and Empowering All Students to Courageously Pursue their Goals and Dreams.
Health And Wellness Coordinator Page 2 of 2