Pool Substitute Teachers help maintain our students' academic progress by facilitating lesson plans during a teacher's absence. The pool substitute teacher assumes the responsibilities of the classroom teacher (s) for the school day by maintaining a consistent volume of high quality instruction with accuracy and professionalism. Pool Substitute Teachers report to the hiring location every day students report.
Must be approved as a substitute teacher with Broward County Public Schools
Sixty (60) semester hours of college credit.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Bilingual skills preferred
Computer skills as required for the position.
Hourly Rate: $12.67
Complete the” Interim and Pool Substitute Teacher Application” form as an internaql applicant and select the “Pool Substitute” vacancy.
For New Hire Applicants
Complete the online application to be processed as a substitute teacher and attend a Substitute Clearance Orientation Session. If you submitted an online application through our current online process (on or after March 10, 2014) then you must sign into your application and choose "Edit" to select the "Pool Substitute" vacancy. Candidates that are determined eligible will be sent an email scheduling them for a clearance orientation.
Prior to submitting your application, you will be required to attach the documents listed below. Therefore, you will need to have the documents scanned and available for you to upload and attach to your on-line application.
- Transcript from an accredited university showing at least 60 semester hours of completed course work.
- Two (2) letters of references. References must be signed and dated. One reference must be from the candidate’s last employer or cooperating teacher (for education graduates). Each reference should be scanned separately and individually uploaded.
- Copy of Substitute Teacher Training Certificate of Completion, if applicable. If you are an education major or have experience as a teacher or substitute teacher, the substitute training is not required; however, you must upload proof (e.g. transcript indicating education major, teacher evaluation). If proof cannot be provided, the training may be completed at one of the following institutes:
- Traditional training is available at Broward College http://www.broward.edu/academics/ce/Pages/Teacher-Education.aspx
- Online training is available at Ed Training – Introduction to Teaching for Substitute Teacher http://www.edtrainingcenter.com
- Copy of your valid Florida Educator Certificate or Substitute Teacher Certificate Confirmation of Online Payment: $20.00 Fee http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/teacher/employment/sub/apply.html
After your application is submitted and evaluated you will receive an email indicating your status. Eligible candidates will be scheduled for a Clearance Orientation. The email you receive will indicate the date, time and location of the orientation. When you attend the orientation, you will need to bring the following documents:
- Original and copy of valid Driver’s License
- Original and copy of Social Security Card
- INS Documents (if applicable)
- Voided Check. You will be required to sign up for direct deposit.