PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Supports an organization or department by performing secretarial and clerical services for school locations. Assist management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the primary job elements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides general clerical and secretarial support for programs and projects
- Identifies issues or problems and seek assistance from higher level personnel or management.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports, records, correspondence, and files related to assigned service, activities, and operations; provides for appropriate research and compiles reports, as needed.
- Composes, prepares, types, copies, files, processes, mails and/or transmits various routine documents, which may include forms, correspondence, memos, presentation materials, reports and other documents.
- Maintains efficient record-keeping systems.
- Answers the telephone; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed; greets and assists office visitors.
- Receives and responds to basic inquiries, routine requests for assistance and concerns from other District departments, schools, agencies, organizations, professionals and the public.
- May perform specialized duties particular to assigned department.
- Attends staff, committee and District meetings as required.
- Attends training, meetings, seminars and/or workshops to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience in a relevant area for a total education/experience of 2 years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Works well in group setting
- Result oriented
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity
- Ethically; upholds school system values
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback
- Monitors own work to ensure quality
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
FCS does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, handicap/disability, sex, genetics or age.