Instructional Aide - 2 Positions Available
Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist certified professional staff with students in the K-6 classroom to meet instructional goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, and mathematics.
• Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
• Assists in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
• Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
• Constructs, copies and distribute and use educational materials as needed.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned, including helping with recess duty.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
• Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
• Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
• Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
• Works in standard office and school building environments.
• Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
FLSA Status: Non-exempt