Warehouse - Lead
Job | Posted 11 days ago
LEAD WAREHOUSE PERSON
Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate min - max: $20.24 - $28.41 Depending on experience and qualifications.
Starting date: 10/01/2021
- Name: Kraig Brinkerhoff
- Phone: 801-610-8040
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of LEAD WAREHOUSE PERSON (Warehouse Delivery Driver) is done for the purpose/s of
providing support to the warehousing operations with specific responsibilities for maintaining required
inventory levels; ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and
identifying losses; maintaining an organized warehouse layout; transporting orders over designated routes;
ensuring safe operation of vehicles; and loading and unloading orders. Supervision duties in the absence of
the Warehouse supervisor. May work in the surplus area.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
- Cleans warehouse for the purpose of maintaining a safe and sanitary work area.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. mail sacks, boxes, packages, cargo, office supplies, furniture, equipment, etc.) for the purpose of distributing items to assigned locations and/or individuals.
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. loss, expenditures, calendars, requisitions, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing reliable resource information.
- Maintains delivery vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, cleaning, brake check, pre-trip inspection, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safe operation of vehicle and reporting problems to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in physical inventories as needed for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Prepares orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
- Receives stock and nonstock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Researches discrepancies on orders and/or invoices (e.g. overages, shortages, duplicate deliveries, etc.) for the purpose of correcting errors and/or returning damaged/incorrect items to vendors.
- Responds to inquiries of staff and vendors for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding the invoices, billing, status of deliveries, etc.
- Transports a variety of items to school sites (e.g. records/files, supplies, equipment, materials, mail, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or delivering materials as required.
- Assists in the surplus area as needed for the purpose of of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Supervision in the absence of the warehouse supervisor for the purpose of of ensuring the efficient and effective function of the work unit.
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job
conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
adhering to safety practices; operating equipment used in warehouse operations; operating standard office
equipment including pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios;
understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand complex, multi-step
written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions
of the job include: proper procedures in shipping, receiving, stocking warehouse items; basic computer use; basic
vehicle maintenance and industrial forklift safety; and safety practices and procedures.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; gather and/or collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is
required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and
operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or
groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Some problem solving may be
required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of
guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to
satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and
schedules; setting priorities; physical stamina; and the ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English. .
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods;
providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from
other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact
on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:
significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking,
and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Experience: Job related experience is required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Equivalency: GED, and related work experience
Required Testing: Pre-Employment Proficiency Test may be required
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) & Evidence
of Insurability??State DOT Medical Card
Clearances: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Non Exempt Lane 13