Para Educator - Special Education Mild/Mod
Under the direction of the Lead Teacher, this person will work with the upper grades students in math instruction for one hour each day. The second hour of the assignment will be working as a reading specialist in a reading intervention program.
Essential Job Functions
- Working with upper grades in Math Instruction
- Working with students in a reading intervention program
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Strong understanding of basic skills in math
- Strong reading skills and oral reading fluency.
- Ability to work with young students.
- Ability to work well with other staff members.
• Ability to perform physical activities
• Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• High School diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Support Professional Salary Level C1 (includes special education pay rate)
Part time 29 hrs per week, Equal Pay
Not Benefit Eligible