JOB TITLE: Dispatch
DEPARTMENT: District Services
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CONTRACT STATUS: Full-time
SALARY SCHEDULE: 10-Month Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative and clerical services in order to ensure prompt and effective dispatch services for the Transportation Department. The tasks related must be completed in a timely and skillful manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: These statements are intended to describe the responsibilities assigned to this position and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Communicate with building sites, parents, bus drivers, and others via radio and phone to ensure prompt and accurate student transportation.
- Provide a friendly and professional reception to identify and meet the needs of guests entering the Transportation Department.
- Provides assistance with district mapping of Special Education routes. Update routes as needed and communicate changes to administrators, teachers, parents, and others.
- Maintains knowledge of all regular bus routes and provides support to ensure coverage of neighborhoods is adequate to account for student population.
- Maintains current CDL and knowledge of all district bus and shuttle routes. Substitutes on routes as needed.
- Maintains and has knowledge of routing software.
- Assists with answering calls from drivers unable to work their shift and provides support with contacting potential subs as needed to ensure adequate coverage for driver absences.
- Answers the telephone and responds to routine questions in a polite and efficient manner; serves as a positive public relations advocate for school district.
- Types and files letters, reports, correspondence, spreadsheets, and other documents from notes, verbal instructions, or independently from knowledge of situation or project.
- Provides additional support for customer service and to patrons contacting the department.
- Reads emails daily and responds accordingly.
- Assists with special projects.
- All other duties as assigned by the administrator
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience in a closely related field preferred
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Computer literate. Ability to follow all district policies and procedures. Ability to work independently, displaying initiative and enthusiasm for the tasks being done. Demonstrating strong communication skills, orally and in writing, with faculty, staff, team members, and administrators. Ability to work without supervision, and work as a team player. Ability to document records accurately. Ability to manage confidential information in a manner that respects students, families, and employees. Ability to listen effectively.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak clearly in well-modulated voice with good diction. Ability to read and interpret general written instructions in English language. Ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, school personnel, and co-workers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic math functions such as addition and subtraction.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, sit, and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.