Elevated Eats Team Member (Cook) 2 Positions Available
Position Purpose: Elevated Eats Team Member (Cook) 2 Positions Available
Under the direct supervision of the Elevated Eats Kitchen Manager to prepare food items that meet standardized menu and recipes, verifying quantities and specifications of orders; maintaining facilities in a sanitary condition; and assisting assigned food service personnel in performing their functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining required sanitary conditions.
- Cooks food prepared and/or from scratch for the purpose of meeting daily participation demands on equipment such as flat top grill, combi ovens, fryer, etc.
- Inspects food items for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders to meet preparation requirements and/or complying with mandated health standards.
- Stocks food, condiments and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
- Prepares documentation (e.g. inventory and supply lists, machine logs, temperature logs, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature for the purpose of presenting items that will be accepted by patrons.
Performs other related duties as assigned (e.g. computerized payments, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit. Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have valid Food Handlers Permit.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to perform physical activities without difficulty.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to use technology based P.O.S., including credit card reader, inventory, and online order processes.
Ability to perform physical activities including lifting and standing during entirety of shift.
Contract: NOTICE: This is a new position and new business venture. Daily hours will average to not exceed 29.5 per week continually and regularly. Pay will start on level L1 of TCSD Support Professional Salary Schedule (Time Card Position) and could increase based upon food service experience.