TEACHER ASSISTANT CDC/SPECIAL EDUCATION (Full Time)
Job | Posted a month ago
LOCATION: Jefferson Middle School
BEGINNING DATE: ASAP
HOURLY RANGE: $12.49-$14.75 (depending on experience)
- Reports to Principal/Supervisor
- Works under the direct supervision of the classroom teacher unless otherwise assigned by the appropriate supervisor
- Maintains student records as directed by the classroom teacher
- Administers all diagnostic tools as directed by the teacher
- Prepares the classroom and organizes instructional materials and equipment as directed by the teacher
- Monitors the classroom when the teacher must attend staffing, provide consultation, etc.
- Attend in-service and faculty meetings when directed to do so by the principal or supervisor
- Keeps school business, or student records confidential in or out of school or with peers in accordance with FERPA
- Performs other routine duties as assigned by the building-level administrator subject to the approval of the supervisor
- In setting involving handicapped or very young students, may assist students with toileting, feeding and other self-help activities as required. Lifting, bending, and good general health and mobility are required in these roles.
- Assist in the supervision of students on bus trips as directed by the building-level administrator
- May perform lunchroom duty, bus duty, recess or playground duty, or before or after school duty as assigned
- Establishes and maintains satisfactory, respectful working relationships within the school environment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Obtained an associate's or higher degree; or
- Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
- Passes a test that demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing, and mathematics.