Payroll - Specialist
Job | Posted 24 days ago
Lane 15 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $22.32 - $25.08 depending on qualifications and experience
Starting date: 09/20/2021
- Name: Krystal Burch
- Phone: 801-610-8572
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Payroll Specialist is done for the purpose/s of processing employee payroll with specific responsibility for performing all activities require to produce employee payrolls; preparing preliminary and final payroll reports, spreadsheets, and funds distribution accurately and in accordance with established practices and regulatory requirements; and responding to inquiries and/or requests for data and/or reports.
- Assists auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for audit.
- Authorizes monthly payments to insurance companies for the purpose of ensuring ongoing insurance coverage for employees and their families.
- Compiles statistical and payroll data from a variety of sources (e.g. time sheets/payroll, salary adjustments, tax deposits, etc.) for the purpose of providing summaries to other personnel, and/or ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Confers with a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. city/state/federal agencies, vendors, attorneys, etc.) for the purpose of gathering or communicating information required for the accurate processing of payroll.
- Coordinates the payroll process with other departments and sites for the purpose of processing in compliance with established guidelines and payroll schedules.
- Informs other staff and/or outside parties regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of processing payroll transactions.
- Maintains a wide variety of payroll information (e.g. changes to employee information, retirement benefit eligibility, benefit and voluntary deductions, required procedures, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors assigned payroll activities for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares a variety of payroll related documents and data (e.g. journal entries, voided and reissue checks, legal and administrative requirements, stop payments, contracts, direct deposits, retirement plan transfers, payroll register, state and federal reports, payroll tax reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Processes payroll, a wide variety of payroll documents, and general fiscal information (e.g. time sheets, withholding information, required state and federal payroll reports, account distributions, additions and other changes to employee pay, employee contributions,benefit share of cost deductions, direct deposits, etc.) for the purpose of issuing payroll checks; disseminating information to appropriate parties and/or documenting payroll related data in accordance with regulatory requirements and established accounting guidelines.
- Reconciles payroll account balances (e.g. time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, payroll reconciliation, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances, complying with established guidelines, taking appropriate action and/or responding to requests.
- Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Resolves discrepancies with payroll and/or benefit information and/or documentation (e.g. payroll, benefit provider/s, withholding versus W4, salary status, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and employee payments.
- Responds to inquiries regarding payroll procedures (e.g. wage levies and garnishments, subpoenas, savings, contributions, direct deposits, retirement eligibility, etc.) for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, assisting employees, taking appropriate action and/or complying with established fiscal guidelines.
- Reviews payroll and a variety of insurance-related information (e.g. payroll reports, medical / dental / vision / disability billing forms, carrier forms, COBRA requirements, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of payroll and insurance records.
- Trains school site support personnel and administrators responsible for processing of site payroll for the purpose of ensuring efficiency and accuracy of the payroll processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.