Position: Communications Coordinator
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position works within the Communications and Engagement Office of Frayser Community Schools. As an assistant to the Communications lead, the person will play a pivotal role serving as the key communications liaison and contact tracer for schools within the network. This will require frequent communication with school-level leaders. Additionally, the Communications Coordinator will assist with other communication duties within the office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Communications Related to COVID-19 and School Reopening Plan (Approximately 50% of role):
- Stay abreast of the latest local and national health recommendations related to COVDID-19 and communicate them to the network using a variety of mediums.
- Work with school leaders to carry out contact tracing, in the event a COVID-19 case occurs.
- Work with school leaders to coordinate messaging during events related to COVI-19.
- Handle all communication sent to staff and parents regarding COVID-19.
- Build relationships with local health professionals to receive updates related to health directives and recommendations in a timely manner.
Other Communications Duties:
- Update content across all digital channels including, websites, social media channels, and online content management systems.
- Assist in the writing, editing, and publishing of the organization's electronic and printed communications (i.e. emails, newsletters, surveys, blog and social media posts, brochures, fact sheets, press releases, and statements.)
- Assist with marketing of the organization’s programs and initiatives through digital, print, and media advertising, earned media, and social media campaigns.
- Track the organization’s print and digital media presence and mentions.
- Assist director in organizing public events in collaboration with external strategic partners, schools and media.
- Manage and curate internal and external email distribution lists, and digital asset repositories.
- One to three years of experience in communications: journalism, public relations, and/or marketing.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Innovative and creative; able to develop ideas with little direction.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, quick learner, who is able to think both analytically and creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ability to interact with all levels and functions within the organization
- Experience in crisis communications
- Knowledge of basic video editing software (i.e, Final Cut Pro, Imovie, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic graphic design applications (Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
FCS does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, handicap/disability, sex, genetics, or age.