Director of Human Resources
Position: Director of Human Resources
Reports to: CEO
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: FCS seeks to transform our school system by recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining top talent to prepare all of our students for success in college, career and community. The Director of Human Resources will play a critical role in talent recruitment, hiring, onboarding, development, evaluation, and employee relations.
- Ensure FCS is in compliance as it rerates to federal and state labor laws;
- Oversee teacher credentialing process to ensure that FCS meets regulations outlined by TDOE;
- Aids others in developing a service model that focuses on the human capital needs of all school locations;
- Interpret Board policies and procedures to staff and makes/recommendations to the Executive Director of Schools for policies and procedures pertinent to human relations issues; and
- Anticipate the needs of the organization's human resources capacity and utilize data and information to accurately project and present needs and areas for growth.
- Support school and district administrators to know their staff well and build the satisfaction, fulfillment, and retention of all staff;
- Lead the strategy and implementation for leadership hiring and network-level hiring for FCS and collaborate with appropriate staff members to execute strategy; and
- Lead staff to successfully meet all annual recruitment, hiring, performance evaluation, and human resource targets.
- Supervision of evaluation processes for certificated, administrators, and non-certificated staff evaluation processes.
- Serve as a key member of the FCS network team to contribute to building a positive, collaborative, and values-driven team; and
- Serve as a network leader in all conversations, interactions, and communications so as to best represent the interest of FCS, teachers, students, and staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to Collaborate - Proactively works in partnership with others to achieve a common goal or necessary objective; builds rapport and cooperative relationship with others; establishes and maintains strong relations with employees and relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to Deliver Effective Customer Service - Makes customers and their needs a primary focus. Exhibits this culture and models same for his/her staff members so as to assure a consistent expansion of the service culture to all. Takes appropriate, immediate action to meet customer needs and concerns and continually assesses feedback from customers to make improvement.
- Ability to Communicate Effectively - Effectively conveys reliable accurate information so that the recipients clearly understand its intent. Uses appropriate written, verbal or electronic communication form to disseminate information. Develops an acute sensitivity to the issue of timely involvement of all decision-makers to any process.
- Ability to Maintain Confidentiality - Makes effective business decisions regarding with whom to discuss sensitive and confidential information. Respects the privacy of others and maintain the confidentiality of information to which exposed. Consistently uses good business judgment.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Education, or closely related field;
- Must have a minimum of five years of professional experience; education background strongly preferred;
- Must possess an enthusiasm for working in a values-based organization that puts a premium on customer service;
- Ability to lead strategic initiatives that support a rapidly changing and expanding organization; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead cross-functionally.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
FCS does not discriminate in its programs or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, handicap/disability, sex, genetics, or age.