Technology Support Specialist I
As Technology Support Specialist I (one) you will report directly to the Director of Technology. You will assist the Director of Information Technology with the day to day duties and responsibilities associated with the support and maintenance of all aspects of the educational technology infrastructure within the Coweta Public School District. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to learn and grow in the Information Technology field and have a minimum of 1 year experience supporting Intel based personal computers, Chromebooks, tablets and other microprocessor based devices, printers, projectors, SmartBoards, network and Wi-Fi connectivity an array of a wide range of educational software including and not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Windows (all versions). You must be able to lift and carry printers, monitors and other equipment as needed. The Technology Support Specialist will also perform various duties assigned by the Director of Technology.
- Performs a variety of tasks to safely maintain all technology related equipment in classrooms and offices throughout the school district.
- Follows all district policies and applies appropriate operating and maintenance procedures.
- Maintains general knowledge of site/location/equipment
- Installs and maintains technology hardware and associated devices as requested by the Director of Technology
- Troubleshoots, operates, repairs and maintains all technology related devices as necessary to provide a working network within the school district including personal computers and uninterruptable power supply systems; removes, repairs and reinstalls computers as requested through the in-house solution software as directed by the Director of Technology.
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to:
- Carry and lift items that weigh a minimum of 50 lbs
- Stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, and squat
- Work on ladders
- Use hand tools
- Required: High School Diploma/GED, a minimum of five (2) years’ experience as an Technology Support Specialist or similar role
- Preferred: Minimum of one (1) year experience in technology support
- Must possess valid State Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Demonstrates excellent organizational/interpersonal skills and safety as the utmost priority
- Needs proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Application and PC skills, proficient/advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, data bases and district owned technology hardware inventory