(Preschool Assistant Teacher) Teacher Assistant - Secondary
Job | Posted a month ago
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 3 hours
Hourly rate: $11.28
- Name: Brett Robertson
- Phone: 801.610.8800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides assistance to teacher and students in the daily operation of the school preschool lab with specific responsibility for
monitoring and supervising both preschool and high-school aged students. Performs assigned tasks such as classroom set-up,
maintenance and clean up as well as creating classroom items, filing, organizing, preparing for preschool graduation and
other assignments like picking up preschool snack grocery orders. Works one-on-one or with groups of students (high school
and preschool) and employs positive guidance skills with preschoolers struggling with behavior or emotional regulation.
Teaches a set number of preschool lessons and covers lessons for teachers if they are absent or if there is an assembly. Assists with
classroom routine and maintaining order in the classrooms. Prepares emergency lesson plans to be used in an emergency. May
record student activity like attendance and assist in maintaining a clean and safe learning environment for students.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers classroom assignments, tests, homework assignments, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the instructional process.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. read stories, listen to students read, providing writing assistance, reinforce English lessons, provide spelling practice, facilitate activities, computer learning programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Communicates with teachers and/or parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing classroom objectives.
- Implements, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, library, lunchroom, bus loading/unloading, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel.
- Supports classroom teachers and other school personnel for the purpose of assisting them in the implementation of curriculum and teaching methodologies.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.