Maintenance - Vehicle Sm Engine Mechanic
Job | Posted 25 days ago
Vehicle & Small Engine Mechanic Specialist
Contract and Benefits
# Positions available: 1
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $22.32 - $26.08
Starting date: 11/01/2021
- Name: Mike Privett
- Phone: 801-610-6080
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Vehicle & Small Engine Mechanic Specialist is done for the purpose/s of providing mechanic services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; performing repairs and preventive maintenance; ensuring completion of repairs in accordance with trade standards; assisting other mechanics; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
- Attends in unit in-service and safety meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Coordinates with State of Utah fuel network for the purpose of assigning gas cards and pin numbers.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Diagnoses vehicle/equipment malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed repairs and/or replacements.
- Fabricates parts for the purpose of providing items necessary for repairs.
- Inspects assigned vehicles/equipment (e.g. brake system, oil levels, coolant, tire pressure, general conditions, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition and inspections are done in compliance with established requirements.
- Maintains records of repairs, costs, vehicle warranties,registrations, etc. for the purpose of documenting required information, renewing registrations and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Maintains tools, equipment and/or shop area for the purpose of ensuring the availability of tools and equipment, and safety within the workspace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair and maintenance logs, parts lists, warranty claims, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Repairs and/or replaces worn parts on vehicles, small engines and heavy equipment (e.g. fleet vehicles, lawn mowers, snow blowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers, lawn tractors, cement mixers, edgers, hedge trimmers, sod cutters, generators, tillers, tractors, back hoes, forklifts, mixers, skip loaders, custodial equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Schedules with outside vendors for the purpose of ensuring vehicle emission tests are performed in a timely manner.
- Transports tools, equipment and/or supplies for the purpose of providing on-site repairs.
- State inspector Certification
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.