Granite Online School Substitute Teacher - Hourly
The Granite Online substitute teaching program is intended to meet the educational needs of students served in our online education classes when the regular teacher is absent. Approved substitutes will be part of an hourly Online School Curriculum department substitute pool. However, if the substitute is not working with an Online School classroom, these substitutes may also pick up open positions within our regular education classrooms as well using the AESOP system. All substitutes either work a 1/2 or full day, and are limited to working up to 29 hrs. per week total including all classified positions.
**This posting will be posted for one month in order to have time to obtain a pool of enough qualified candidates for the 2021-2022 school year**
Please contact Jodi Halaeua, in the Granite District Substitute Office at email@example.com if you have questions about being a substitute, or contact Stephanie Wood, Online Learning Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about online education in Granite School District.
Substitute Teachers maintain a safe environment; establish rapport with students, parents and colleagues; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education and do so in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Are required to follow the established curriculum and lesson plans provided by the regular classroom teacher.
- Should check in at the main office of the Online School facility with the secretary.
- Should report to the school office at the time listed in the AESOP substitute system, and are required to stay ten minutes after the school ending time.
- Are required to physically report to the online school location and stay for the entire workday as scheduled by AESOP.
- Must comply with all district and building procedures and schedules.
- Must follow the lesson plans and instructional materials provided by the regular classroom teacher they are filling in for.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class as assigned by school personnel.
- Should not leave students unsupervised at any time.
- Are expected to spend time instructing and helping students.
- Are expected to turn their cell phones and other electronic devices off during class time.
- Should only use District computers for student classroom instruction. District computers are not for personal use.
- May not substitute in a relative’s classroom under any circumstance.
Applicants must undergo and clear a background check PRIOR to working.
Currently the cost of a background check, which the applicant must pay in advance, is $40 (subject to change).
The background fee can be paid with credit card or cash - exact amount of cash is required.
Minimum education requirement - Applicant must have an Associate degree or equivalent 60 semester hours.
Requires travel to various buildings and locations throughout Granite School District as scheduled by AESOP.
SUBSTITUTES MUST WORK 3 DAYS A MONTH TO REMAIN ACTIVE.
Other duties as assigned*
*This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an employee assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge and experience requirements; the machines, tools and equipment used; background; and any licenses or certifications required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Supervision of students requires both indoor and outdoor responsibilities (e.g. recess duty, gymnasium activities, etc.) in all types of weather and air quality.
Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects. Ability to talk or hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to focus. Physical demands require moving and lifting supplies, equipment, etc. up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
While performing the duties of this job, the teacher is regularly required to speak and/or hear. The teacher is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The teacher is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The teacher must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Teachers in P.E., CTE, Theatre and/or Art may be required to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Note: This list of essential and non-essential functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.