Recess and Lunchroom Aide - Elementary
Under the direct supervision of the building principal, to provide daily opportunities for structured recess activities for grades K-6. Will also cover lunch duty for grades 1 - 6.
This position may also require assisting teachers in the classroom with literacy interventions.
Essential Job Functions
• Establishing and reinforcing cooperation and teamwork
• Overseeing safe usage of all equipment
• Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
• Standard PE/Recess equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to perform physical activities without difficulty.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
• Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
• Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to perform physical activities
• Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Salary Schedule Level B1
*Part time, 25 hrs per week, Monday through Thursday, time card.
Not Benefit Eligible