Office Assistant - Secondary
Job | Posted a month ago
Office Assistant/ Permanent Sub - Secondary
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 6 hours a day on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday. 5 hours on Wednesday
Hourly rate: $11.28
- Name: Derek Elison
- Phone: 801-610-8758
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Office Assistant - (Office Assistant ) - identify by assignment is done for the purpose/s of providing clerical support to assigned school site personnel; communicating information to staff and the public; providing complete and accurate records; and providing information and/or direction as may be requested.
- Answers telephone calls for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Assists with processing of documents, forms, mailings and materials (e.g. attendance, enrollments, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
- Collects payments for a variety of events (e.g. fines, fees, fund raisers, etc.) for the purpose of completing transactions and/or securing funds.
- Distributes materials (e.g. mail, checks, supplies, messages, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring delivery to addressee.
- Maintains manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. letters, forms, reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability.
- Monitors students referred for illness or disciplinary action for the purpose of ensuring student welfare and maintaining a secure office environment.
- Prepares standardized documents (e.g. form letters and memos, calendars, bulletins, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to other parties.
- Other Functions Attends department and/or in-service meetings for the purpose of gathering information required to perform functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.