Long Term Traveling Guest Teacher 2021-2022
Posted a month ago
POSITION TITLE: LONG TERM TRAVELING SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
- As set by State Certification Authorities
- Potential to perform as an exemplary teacher
REPORTS TO: PRINCIPAL/SUPERVISOR
JOB GOAL: To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturity.
- Utilizes mission, core beliefs, and objectives for the content of the course.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation, state standard based, upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Develops lesson plans based on state standard based instructional objectives.
- Utilizes appropriate placement procedures grouping and implementation of differentiated instruction.
- Addresses various levels of thinking.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Makes provision for being available to students, parents, and the administration for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads evaluates their job performance
- Utilizes materials appropriate for level and objectives.
- Uses equipment, required materials, and supplements effectively.
- Varies media to promote motivation and learning, and to allow for individual differences.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by Paradise Schools.
- Defines limits of acceptable behavior and consequences of behavior, and communicates these to appropriate individuals.
- Provides written, enforceable rules for classroom procedures.
- Demonstrates a fair, firm, and consistent relationship with students.
- Uses a variety of techniques for management control.
- Maintains an orderly classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Establishes a positive rapport with students.
- Deals effectively with conflicts among students and between personnel and students.
- Communicates with parents and guardians effectively.
- Encourages students to choose appropriate and realistic goals.
- Provides recognition of student success.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Participates in School Committees/Special Projects.
- Follows Policies and Regulations.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Assumes legal responsibility for supervision of students.
- Assumes individual responsibilities, which may be assigned by the principal/supervisor, which relate to committee work, student activities, student supervision, or other planning and professional assignments.
- Follows established Board Policies and Administrative Regulations.
- Arrives promptly at contract time before school begins and stays after school until contract time.
- Submits required paperwork on time.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, Paradise Schools policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Fill long term assignments to cover teachers on leave.
- Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as Paragon Management may from time to time assign.