Special Education Instructional Coach
About Spectrum Academy Spectrum Academy is the premier charter school that specializes in working with students who have High Functioning Autism and Asperger's Syndrome. About 80% of our student body receives special education services.
Our Functional Life Skills program is part of our self-contained classroom model. Students in this class are significantly delayed developmentally and academically. The Instruction Coach will support the teacher working mostly with behavior management systems and teaching based on the DLM Essential Elements for Core Skills as well as functional and social skills.
Essential Functions 1. Serve as a content specialist to assist in the development and implementation of campus instructional plans that align to core standards, LEA goals, curriculum, and individual student IEP programing.
2. Work with the appropriate Principal to design and provide professional development focused on improving alignment and delivery of the written, taught and tested curriculum to increase student success and close performance gaps.
3. Work with teachers and building Principal to analyze student data, diagnose instructional needs and identify research-based instructional strategies to close achievement gaps.
4. Provide individual and/or group instructional coaching and mentoring to teachers to improve classroom instruction for all learners, including conducting teacher observations and/or walk-throughs and providing job-embedded professional development that facilitates teacher reflection and growth.
5. Work with appropriate Principal and Functional Life Skills High School teachers in planning standards-based lessons and assessments aligned to the district curriculum, including the implementation of technology and innovative strategies.
6. Serve as case manager for student IEPs. Support all teaching staff in developing the IEP.
7. Attend instructional trainings and provide campus level professional development in LEA and state initiatives, including the management and distribution of instructional resources.
8. Provide ongoing feedback to appropriate Principal to be used in the teacher evaluation process, including the development and implementation of teacher intervention plans.
9. Assist in the collection, analysis and response to student performance data.
10. Serve as a member if campus leadership team, including attending trainings as assigned. 11. Work effectively with adult learners and facilitate change, including the ability to be flexible, open and willing to implement new ideas in the classroom.
12. Any other duties assigned by Director of Academics or other Administrators.