Project Coordinator- Data Specialist K12 Virtual Academy
Job Title: Project Coordinator Data Specialist K12 Virtual Academy
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK
Provides leadership, maintains, updates, oversees and supports the Mecklenburg County Public School System and K-12 Virtual Academy program and another other task deemed necessary to support the division. Responsibility will include the input/output of all student data related to students and staff persons who participate in the K-12 program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following functions/tasks:
- Assists school-based and central office administrators and staff with all aspects of the K-12 Virtual Academy program as it relates to MCPS.
- Collects, maintains, corrects student data elements within applications to be reported to the Virginia Department of Education;
- Keeps informed on the latest technologies, practices, and programs in the computer field;
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and keeps materials, supplies, and skills up-to-date;
- Assists in the implementation of the county-wide technology plan as appropriate;
- Cooperates with staff members in promoting a positive organizational climate;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities;
- Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrate the ability, professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community.
Deliver and articulate oral presentations and written reports.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, teachers and administrators.
Possess an intermediate to advanced level skill set in Microsoft Office and Google products.
Experience with database systems and software is required.
Minimum Associates degree in technology related program preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the Mecklenburg County Schools approved compensation plan for Technology Support Specialists.
Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the school division. (12 month position FUNDED BY K12)
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.