Nutrition Service Manager - Secondary
Job | Posted a month ago
Nutrition Services Manager Secondary
Lane 15 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 7
Hourly rate: $22.32-25.08 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: Callie Johnson
The job of Nutrition Services Site Manager Secondary is done for the purpose/s of providing overseeing the food service activities at an assigned location with specific responsibilities for organizing food preparation activities; overseeing and assisting cafeteria workers with food preparation and serving; confirming quantities and quality of food items are available for use; providing various reports of daily operations; and ensuring the compliance with mandated nutritional and health requirements.
- Cleans utensils, equipment, and the storage, food preparation and serving areas for the purpose of maintaining sanitary conditions in accordance with established standards.
- Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes, if required, for the purpose of meeting projected meal requirements and minimizing waste of food items.
- Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature for the purpose of presenting items that will be accepted by students and/or staff.
- Implements menu plans for the purpose of meeting students' mandated daily nutritional requirements.
- Inspects food and/or supply deliveries for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with mandated health requirements.
- Inventories food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting projected menu requirements.
- Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition for the purpose of complying with current health standards.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Manages assigned site operations (e.g. supervise personnel, address staffing requirements, create menus and plans special dietary meals, identify students with food allergies, monitor meal accounts and expenditures, evaluate new products and/or menus, identifying overages and shortages, verify pricing, plans for emergencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing efficient food services at the assigned site in compliance with established nutritional and health requirements.
- Monitors food service operations (e.g. kitchen equipment, trays, utensils, staff assignments, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary working environment in compliance with standard practices and established nutritional and health standards.
- Orders food, equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining an adequate inventory to maintain operations within established nutritional and budget guidelines.
- Orients new employees to site processes for the purpose of providing information regarding site operations and sanitation practices.
- Oversees the preparation, cooking, serving and transportation of food and beverage items for the purpose of meeting projected meal quantities and mandated nutritional and health standards and ensuring appealing presentation
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs functions of other nutritional services positions, as needed for the purpose of ensuring adequate staff coverage within site nutritional services operations.
- Prepares a variety of documentation (e.g. meal program records, reconciliation reports, cash summary, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
- Processes receipts for the purpose of completing and documenting transactions and/or preparing bank deposits.
- Reconciles transactions (e.g. meal counts, monies collected, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining account balances in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquires of students, staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction regarding available food items and/or food service policies and practices.
- Schedules work hours and assignments for cafeteria employees for the purpose of ensuring adequate coverage for daily operations.
- Stocks food, condiments and supplies for the purpose of maintaining adequate quantities and security of items.
- Supervises food service workers and other personnel as assigned (e.g. orients, trains, evaluates, etc.) for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting shift requirements.
- Trains and evaluates perspective new managers for the purpose of supporting the Managers Intern Program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Must renew Serv Safe certification every 3 years
Certificates and Licenses:
Food Handler's Permit Serv Safe Certificate
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.