ITC (INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY COACH) 221 DAY
Under the direction of the building Principal, and in coordination with the Staff Development and Technology Departments, the primary focus of the Curriculum & Technology Integration Facilitator is to enrich and support teaching and learning while strengthening the technology skills of students, teachers and staff. Ideal candidates should work well with others, be skilled in team management, have a background in instructional design, and have clear goals and strategies for integrating Tennessee technology performance indicators into instruction.
- Collaborate with teachers and other instructional staff to develop curriculum materials and specific lesson plans that integrate technology
- Model the integration of technology in all curriculum areas
- Facilitates school participation in technology programs and activities
- Conduct and support staff development in the areas of technology integration and state and national technology (ISTE) standards
- Collaborates with the Media Specialist to provide leadership in the school's use of instructional technology resources to enhance learning
- Share knowledge and expertise with other CATIF's allowing all to be more effective in their home schools
- Maintain a high level of knowledge related to the utilization of technology for instruction through current periodicals and attendance at technology related conferences and workshops
- Work with school staff to implement the District's content and performance standards through the use of technology as tools for learning
- Facilitate the effective use of available software and determine appropriate curriculum relevance when software is acquired
- Assists in the organization of technology resources for easy accessibility by students and educators in order to support the school technology program
- Works with teachers and technology staff in the selection of resources that are compatible with the school technology infrastructure
- Apply and model ethical use of technology
- Assists in maintaining hardware, software, and network infrastructure
- Serves as the school contact for addressing hardware and software issues
- Lead the school's Technology Committee in effective decision making to promote the media and technology program
- Work with teachers and technology staff in the selection of resources that are compatible with the school technology infrastructure
- Serve as the school contact for addressing hardware and software issues
- Lead in the ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the instructional technology program.
- Has a valid Tennessee Teaching license with appropriate elementary or secondary endorsement.
- Demonstrated success as a classroom teacher with knowledge and mastery of a variety of effective instructional strategies.
- Experience with standards, assessments, curriculum development and implementation.
- A record of success in working with adults and experience with integrating technology into curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to use popular (Windows and Apple) operating systems, common office productivity, multimedia, communications, and instructional software.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.