Special Education Para II - Motor (Physical Therapy)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Special Education Para-Educator II - Motor Para Educator
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 5.5
Hourly rate: $13.75
- Name: Gary Robinson
- Phone: 801-867-5118
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Special Education Para-Educator II (untrained) Motor Para Educator is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the physical therapist with specific responsibility for assisting in providing gross motor services to student with special needs in the regular classroom or in a self-contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior during gross motor sessions, tracking data, and reporting progress to supervising therapist. Qualified candidates will be willing to provide gross motor services to students agess 3-22 with a wide range of disabilities. Qualified candidates will need a vedicle as this position is itinerant.
- Provides under the supervision of assigned therapist, instruction to students in gross motor areas
- Tracks quality and informative data in Embrace DS for all sessions
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel for the for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Implements under the supervision of assigned therapist, behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records
- Attends in meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.