Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alison Milne, Principal, at (385)-646-4920 or email email@example.com
Hours per week: 23 hrs/week as a clerk with six additional hours/week possible as a Title 1 attendance tracker.
|Job Title||Office Clerk|
|Supervisor||Principal or Director|
|Salary Schedule||Classified Hourly|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
Works under the direction of the principal in the office of an elementary school. Provides secretarial support by answering phones, assisting students, parents, and visitors. Maintains office and copy equipment supplies. Keeps daily attendance records. Assists in preparing reports as needed. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Helps in main office with students, teachers, parents, and visitors.
- May care for ill or injured students.
- Issues with visitors, issues passes/access.
- Helps with registration and other events.
- Contacts parents to resolve issues with registration, student behavior, injuries, or other problems.
- May help with building security, monitoring of students.
- Keeps daily records.
- Assist in placing orders for office supplies.
- Assists with emergency drills.
- Assists in verification of accurate accounting procedures and deposits.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Prior Experience
Some office or customer service experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic understanding of current computer programs and usage.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills to maintain records and place orders.
- Basic first aid training to care for injured or ill students.
- Skilled in answering phones and communication skills.
- Skilled in interacting positively with students, parents, staff members, administration, etc.
Making decisions within guidelines.
Handles routine daily problems.
Interactions with Others
Positive interaction of students, teachers, support personnel, parents, and administrators.
General office conditions. May be exposed to illness, blood, and body fluids from students.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Some lifting/pushing/pulling but mostly under 20 pounds.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.