Family Engagement Center Specialist
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alex Christensen, Administrative Assistant, at (385)-646-7416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title||Family Engagement Center Specialist|
|Department||Family & Community Engagement|
|Contract Length||9 Months|
|Last Review Date||July 2021|
Support Family Engagement Center Coordinators with scheduling, teaching, and other aspects of their jobs.
Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Build positive relationships with the community, parents, students, teachers, staff, administrators, and co-workers.
- Assist Family Engagement Center Coordinators in recruiting families for participation in parent engagement programs and events.
- Teach academic and functional support skills to adults using district approved curriculum. Including but not limited to the following classes:
- o??????? Adult ESL
- o??????? Together Time/PACT Time
- o??????? Parent involvement in school: gradebook, portal, Canvas, etc.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Attend District professional development trainings.
- Assist Family Engagement Center coordinators with basic needs services coordination.
- Assist assigned schools with SEP/SEOP/ APTT meetings.
- Complete monthly reports and submit by deadline.
- Data collection and entry required on assigned projects.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
Must have personal transportation
Required Prior Experience
Experience in family and community engagement preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in family and community engagement preferred
- Ability to attend work events after hours ???????
- Second language preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
Will work with Family Engagement Center Coordinators, school staff, and the community to make decisions to help meet the needs of the community.
Interactions with Others
Positively interaction with students, teachers, social workers, psychologists, support personnel and administrators.
May be asked to work inside and outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 15 lbs.