Agricultural and Secondary School Campus Supervisor
Job description: Agricultural and Secondary School Campus Supervisor (new position)
Contract length: 12 month; Classified; Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director of Facilities and Operations; payable per the Transportation Supervisor pay scale
Required qualifications: Associates Degree in Agriculture or equivalent experience required; experience in animal husbandry; experience in farm equipment use; commercial pesticide control license (or ability to immediately obtain that certification)
Preferred qualifications: background and experience in agricultural business; background and experience in property and grounds management; bachelor degree in education, agricultural science, management, or administrative degree; fluency with technology tools and software;
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the use, management, maintenance, improvement, and development of the 170 acre+ Mecklenburg County Middle and High School campus.
- Develop short and long-range plans for the campus in conjunction with Executive Director of Facilities and Maintenance, building principals, and program needs
- Coordinate planning, procure materials and/or labor, monitor installation, and ensure proper maintenance or upkeep of any structures and equipment on campus with agricultural science teachers
- Coordinate planning of crops, plots, orchards, or other horticulture projects with agricultural science teachers
- Coordinate campus beautification projects and efforts with school principals and appropriate agricultural science teachers or organizations
- Maintain all records and requirements essential to establish and maintain an independent organizational status (5C3) for the Mecklenburg County Agricultural Program.
- Follow all financial and procurement procedures, working closely with the bookkeepers of the middle and high schools as well as the Executive Director for Finance and Services to ensure all associated income and expenditures are properly accounted for.
- Maintain accurate inventory records of school and campus agricultural equipment and supplies.
- Develop and deploy a maintenance schedule to care for all fields and surfaces for aesthetics, agricultural use, and playability. This includes irrigation system maintenance, mowing of fields, and the continual upkeep of facilities, structures, and equipment used on the campus.
- Hire, manage, and supervise student workers/interns/apprentices
- Establish partnerships with community organizations and partners to support the ongoing development and growth of the school’s programs.
- Other related duties as assigned.