Part Time Physical Therapist - USD
POSITION: PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT - USD
182 days per year working 20 hours per week
2 years only
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
JOB SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist Assistant will work with the special education population with gross motor deficits that qualify for services based on standardized testing by the district physical therapist.
The Physical Therapist Assistant will:
- Works with the District Physical Therapist to provide gross motor services to special needs students who qualify for services;
- Assists and guides staff in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified gross motor delayed students;
- Provides screening to identify gross motor delayed children at regular intervals and at specified levels;
- Assists in proper referrals of individuals to agencies and specialists in the community;
- Provides appropriate individualized programs of therapy coordinating with the physical therapist to meet individual students’ needs and correct existing gross motor delays;
- Collaborates with classroom teachers and other school staff members to implement therapy by suggestions for the student’s daily activities;
- Provides information, support, and counseling to parents and families when appropriate;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant from an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program. Current Utah License to practice as a Physical Therapist Assistant in the state of Utah.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following:
- Cover letter explaining clearly how you qualify/meet district expectations for the position;
- Evidence of licensure as a physical therapist assistant;
- Undergraduate transcripts documenting evidence of a college degree from an accredited institution;
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address candidate’s skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
SALARY: As per District COTA Salary Schedule
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING: Open until filled
BEGINNING DATE: August 2021