COMM.ED. COORDINATOR SECRETARY
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
Please note: Type test of 55 wpm or better required. TYPE TEST must be taken at the Granite District Human Resource's Office and submitted before the deadline date to be considered for this position. Current employees may have a copy on file.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Dave Vande Veegaete, Principal Granite Peaks Adult Education, at (385)-646-4325 or email email@example.com
This is an evening postion at Granite Peaks Granger High Campus
Adult Education Experience Prefered
Provides secretarial services for the department. Helps to maintain schedules of meetings and deadlines for the department . Under the supervision of the department director, the secretary contributes to a courteous and efficient office.
- Provides secretarial services for department
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Have excellent basic math skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to check written communication for spelling, grammar, punctuation, correct sentence and paragraph structure
- Ability to handle multiple interruptions
- Have excellent interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to use these skills during tense and stressful situations
- Be skilled in the use of a computer for word processing and data entry
- Requires skill in word processing (55 wpm), computer operation plus relevant software, work organization, operation of business machines, basic math
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to check written communications for spelling, grammar, punctuation, correct sentence, and paragraph structure.
Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Ability to deal with people in a professional manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
Ability to work effectively with others in circumstances that may include some stress.
Ability to organize work and materials.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of district, employee and other information.
Ability to operate a variety of office machines.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Type test of 55 wpm or better required. TYPE TEST must be taken at the Granite District Human Resource's Office and submitted before the deadline date to be considered for this position. Current employees may have a copy on file.
Required Prior Experience
- No prior secretary experience required
Decision Making Authority
Prioritizes own work.
Interacts with all employee and community groups.
Standard office conditions. Deals with multiple supervisors. Works on multiple assignments with deadlines. Handles concerned patrons and deals with frequent interruptions.
Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Ability to talk or hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to focus. Physical demands require moving and lifting supplies, equipment, etc. up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.