Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
Please note: Type test of 30 wpm or better required. TYPE TEST must be taken at the Granite District Human Resource's Office and submitted before the deadline date to be considered for this position. Current employees may have a copy on file.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jason Kemble at (385)-646-2764 or email email@example.com
Hours per week: Up tp 29 Hours Per Week
|Job Title||Hourly Secretary|
|Department||Prevention and Student Placement|
|Salary Schedule||Classified Hourly|
|Lane Placement||Secretary Salary Schedule - Lane 5|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
Provides secretarial services for the department. Assists in maintaining schedules of meetings and deadlines for the department director. Under the supervision of the department director, the hourly secretary is helps provide a courteous and efficient operation of the department. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Sorts, separates and distributes incoming mail, products or material in prescribed manner. Orders and maintains office supplies as needed. Prepares inter-office vouchers and requisitions. Transcribes dictation including correspondence, reports, notices and recommendations. Welcomes visitors and arranges for their needs and screens callers in accordance with predetermined policy. Places and receives telephone calls, records messages and redirects inquiries for proper attention.
- Uses office machines including personal computers, scanner, and 10-key.
- Creates/manipulates files in PDF, Excel, and Word and other similar platforms.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Prior Experience
Prior office work and customer service experience preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of computer software programs such as the Microsoft Office Suite programs and the Google Doc platform.
- Strong spreadsheet experience and knowledge.
- Minimum 30 wpm keyboard skill.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Task oriented and driven for accuracy.
Makes decisions within guidelines and procedures.
Interactions with Others
Interacts with various employee and community groups.
Standard office conditions. Deals with multiple supervisors. Works on multiple assignments with deadlines. Handles concerned patrons and deals with frequent interruptions.
Physical Requirements –
Requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Ability to talk or hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to focus. Physical demands require moving and lifting supplies, equipment, etc. up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.