Custodian - Sweeper Head - Secondary
Job | Posted 9 days ago
Custodian - Head Sweeper Secondary
Non-contract, no benefits.
Hours a day: 8, M-F
Hourly rate: $12.11-14.88 Depending on qualifications and experience
- Name: Bryan Koyle
- Phone: 801-610-8175 ext 786203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Custodian - Head Sweeper Secondary is done for the purpose/s of providing custodial services at assigned site; ensuring an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff and visitors; performing a variety of special cleaning operations; overseeing the preparation of facilities for classroom activities and campus events; overseeing and supporting assigned custodians in the performance of their assignments; and ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
**August 9th-13th hours will start at 6:00a in preperation for the school year, with a mandatory training on the 9th. Begining august 16th, school hours of 2:00p to 10:30p will begin and are M-F and shift time is non-negotable. **
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, pools, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate parties within site.
- Distributes custodial supplies and equipment for the purpose of disseminating materials to custodial staff and/or storage locations.
- Lifts up to 80 pounds and may push/pull up to 150 lbs. for the purpose of site maintenance, material distribution, and safety.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of custodial items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Oversees facility maintenance activities and assigned custodial personnel for the purpose of ensuring functions are performed efficiently in compliance with site requirements and established standards.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. supply requisitions, safety inspections, work orders, inventory records, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g. opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkway, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Requisitions equipment, supplies and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Secures facilities and grounds (e.g. doors, gates, alarms, lights, etc.) for the purpose of minimizing property damage, equipment loss and/or potential liability.
- Trains assigned personnel for the purpose of developing professional trade and safety awareness skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is required